While we always recommend learners attend our live, virtual training, we understand that time constraints don't always make that possible. This course is available to self-study. Please click here for more information.
As companies are pushing code faster and more often than ever, the rate of vulnerabilities in our systems is accelerating. As we are being asked to do more with less, DevOps has shown immense value to business and security as an integral component that needs to be integrated into the strategy.
Topics covered in the course include how DevSecOps provides the business value of DevOps and the ability DevOps has to enable the business and support an organizational transformation with the ultimate goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk, and optimizing cost in the organization.
This course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps; particularly how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the end of this course, participants will understand using “security as code” with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service.
The course is designed to teach practical steps on how to integrate security programs into DevOps practices and highlights how professionals can use data and security science as the primary means of protecting the organization and customer.
Using real-life scenarios and case studies, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back at the office.
This sixteen (16) hour course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches, and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps; particularly in how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the end of this course, DSOE’s will understand using “security as code” with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives include a practical understanding of:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps
- How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches
- Business-driven security strategies
- Understanding and applying data and security sciences
- The use and benefits of Red and Blue Teams
- Integrating security into Continuous Delivery workflows
- How DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: For 16 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
- Anyone interested in learning about DevSecOps practices
- IT Security Professionals, Practitioners and Managers
- Testers and Quality Assurance Teams
- Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Managed Service Providers
- Release Managers and delivery staff
- Maintenance and support staff
- Anyone involved in Continuous Delivery toolchain architectures
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy DSO Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities - including the State of DevOps Report
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- DevOps Foundation is recommended
An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended
Complete pre-class reading assignment
Certification: Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation certificate. To purchase an exam only, please visit our Exam Voucher page and select the corresponding exam from the dropdown.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.
Why Choose ITSM Academy for Your Training?
What sets ITSM Academy apart from other training organizations...
DevOps Ask the Experts
DevOps is emerging as an industry buzz word. What does DevOps ...
DevOps Institute: Digital Badges for Learners
Automating Security Controls With DevSecOps
Automating Security Controls With DevSecOps
The course is well structured and the instructor was very helpful in making the course understandable and applicable to our work environment
The biggest thing we are bringing back is the understanding that we need to change the culture in the team to a No Blame culture and improve collaboration.