This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows enable IT organizations to deliver greater business value by improving the ability to more quickly design, develop, deploy and operate reliable software and services.
Class culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation® Certificate.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an enterprise understanding of DevOps:
- Goals, values and vocabulary
- Business benefits
- Demonstrated results and performance measures
- Relationship with other frameworks - including Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Culture, communication, collaboration and organizational considerations
- Principles and practices - including continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Automation practices - including automating a deployment pipeline and creating a DevOps toolchain
- Adoption considerations - including how to get started
- Challenges, risks and critical success factors
- Real-life examples and results
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about process improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: For 16 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management, particularly those in an enterprise environment
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts involved in interfacing Agile and DevOps
- Individuals who require an understanding of the culture changes associated with adopting DevOps
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's DevOps Foundation Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- DevOps The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
- An understanding of IT services and the service lifecycle is recommended
Exam & Certification: Class culminates with an independent Foundation exam, administered by the DevOps Institute. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
The DevOps Foundation certificate is the prerequisite for other DevOps certification courses.
About The Devops Institute: This course is accredited by the DevOps Institute (DOI), a global leader in emerging DevOps and Agile Service Management practices. DOI is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market while setting the standard in quality for enterprise grade DevOps education and training.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.