While we always recommend learners attend our live, virtual training, we understand that time constraints don't always make that possible. This course is available to self-study. Please click here for more information.
This sixteen (16) hour course describes how to accelerate and modernize your IT service management (ITSM) processes in support of DevOps. Let’s face it, ITSM processes have – at times – a reputation for being heavy handed and bloated. They can also be a constraint in the IT value stream; particularly in organizations adopting Agile and DevOps practices. In this course you will practice and master pragmatic approaches for streamlining, automating and integrating ITSM processes with Agile, DevOps, and Lean practices.
Organizations adopting a DevOps culture and practices can deliver high-quality software faster, which means the business can deliver value to customers faster. You sometimes hear that DevOps and ITSM aren’t compatible. The reality is that high-performing organizations aren’t achieving success without ITSM processes.These organizations are performing ITSM processes. These processes are just so streamlined and (often) automated that people don’t even realize that they are executing ITSM processes.
This course discusses key ITSM processes that are critical to DevOps and how those processes MUST be adapted to achieve high performance and deliver business value. These processes also directly impact the customer and employee experience.
In an enterprise, DevOps doesn’t eliminate the need for controls and data. Regulatory controls and audits still exist and risks and impacts must still be managed. ITSM for DevOps introduces ways to achieve both speed and control while driving value across the IT value stream.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, the learner will understand:
- How companies are struggling with the technological and human challenges of digital transformations
- The role of service management
- How IT service management is viewed as a constraint
- How DevOps introduces and aligns with new ways of thinking and working such as Continuous practices, DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering, Agile Service Management, Observability and AIOps
- How to accelerate, integrate, and automate key ITSM processes in support of DevOps
- ITSM process integration and automation
- How to leverage Lean and Agile methods to reduce waste and positively impact both the cost and quality of processes and services
Key ITSM processes we focus on accelerating and adapting in this class include:
- Service Level Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Configuration Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Knowledge Management
- Request Management
This highly-experiential class also includes facilitated discussions and exercises that produce deliverables you can put to use immediately.
Course Student Material:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts and produce actionable deliverables
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Exam voucher
Audience: The main target candidates for this course are:
- Anyone interested in modernizing ITSM processes in support of a DevOps or digital transformation
- ITSM process owners, process managers and stakeholders
- IT transformation leaders, coaches, and managers
- DevOps Leaders
- Consultants guiding their clients through DevOps- and ITSM-related process improvement initiatives
Prerequisites: Familiarity with DevOps and IT service management processes (recommended)
Certification: Learners will be equipped to earn their ITSM for DevOps accreditation by achieving a passing score (65%) on a 45-minute exam, consisting of 20 multiple choice questions. Any learner not successful on their first attempt is eligible for one (1) free resit.
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 16 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPDs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the PeopleCert, Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have years of hands-on IT practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real-life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge. Instructors for this course are Certified Process Design Engineers, hold multiple ITSM, DevOps and Agile Service Management Certifications and have completed ITSM Academy's Train-the-Trainer program.
- Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can be presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.