|This product is available for pre-order only|
While we always recommend learners attend our live, virtual training, we understand that time constraints don't always make that possible. This course is available to self-study. Please click here for more information.
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Practitioner course introduces ways to economically and reliably scale services in an organization. It explores strategies to improve agility, cross-functional collaboration, and transparency of health of services towards building resiliency by design, automation, and closed-loop remediation.
This 24-hour course aims to equip participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as implementing SRE models that fit their organizational context, building advanced observability in distributed systems, building resiliency by design and effective incident responses using SRE practices.
"Ripped From The Classroom"- What Is? SRE
The course has been developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders in the space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices and has been designed to teach the key principles & practices necessary for starting SRE adoption. Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
This course culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the SRE Practitioner Certificate.
Learning Objectives: At the end of the course, the following learning objectives are expected to be achieved:
- A practical view of how to successfully implement a flourishing SRE culture in your organization
- The underlying principles of SRE and an understanding of what it is not in terms of anti-patterns, and how do you become aware of them to avoid them
- The organizational impact of introducing SRE
- Acing the art of SLIs and SLOs in a distributed ecosystem, and extending the usage of Error Budgets beyond the normal to innovate and avoid risks
- Building security and resilience by design in a distributed, zero-trust environment
- How do you implement full-stack observability, distributed tracing and bring about observability-driven development culture?
- Curating data using AI to move from reactive to proactive and predictive incident management. Also, how do you use DataOps to build clean data lineage?
- Why is Platform Engineering so important in building consistency and predictability of SRE culture?
- Implementing practical Chaos Engineering
- Major incident response responsibilities for an SRE based on incident command framework, and examples of the anatomy of unmanaged incidents
- The perspective of why SRE can be considered as the purest implementation of DevOps
- SRE Execution model
- Understanding the SRE role and understanding why reliability is everyone’s problem.
- SRE success story learnings
Delivery: For 24 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
- Anyone starting or leading a move towards increased reliability
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 24 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's SRE Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities - including the State of DevOps Report
- 24-hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Prerequisites: Complete pre-class reading assignment
Exam & Certification: As an Elite Education Provider of the DevOps Institute, ITSM Academy has served as Lead Author on five (5) of the nine (9) courses in their portfolio (as of 2020), including the flagship offering - DevOps Foundation.
The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute and the exam voucher will be issued during class.
Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the SRE Practitioner certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media. To purchase an exam only, please visit https://www.itsmacademy.com/exam-voucher.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.