- Training Options
- Training - Open Enrollment
- Observability Foundation - Accredited
While we always recommend learners attend our live, virtual training, we understand that time constraints don't always make that possible. This course is available to self-study. Please click here for more information.
Microservices and Cloud-Native architectures have been goals of many organizations to help increase speed and agility, but as complexity grows, systems become increasingly challenging to observe. When issues occur, these issues are often difficult to triage and identify the root causes. This course introduces a range of practices for advancing resilience and how to architect end-to-end Observability for Cloud-Native applications. The advantages of building full-stack metrics, events, logs, and distributed tracing are introduced, along with the impact of DevSecOps on Observability and how AIOPs enhance Observability capabilities. This course also covers how Network and Security Observability plays a key role in building reliability, the key aspects of security operations and automated responses are covered.
The course aims to equip participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in Observability by using real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage situations such as implementing MELT models effectively, that ﬁt their organizational context, building distributed tracing and resiliency by design.
The course is developed by leveraging key experts in the ﬁelds of telemetry, sources of knowledge and engaging with thought-leaders in the Observability space, and working with organizations who have crossed the chasm of modern Observability to extract real-life best practices. In class we extract real-life best practices and teach the key principles & practices necessary for Observability. Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
This course culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Observability Foundation Certificate.
Class also includes experiential exercises, GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience® and access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal.
Objectives: At the end of the course, the following learning objectives are expected to be achieved:
- Practical view of how to successfully implement a ﬂourishing Observability culture in your organization
- The underlying principles of Observability and an understanding why monitoring on its own will not provide the required results in microservices based containerized environments
- Understanding the three pillars of Observability
- Adopting open Telemetry standards helps achieve innovation and distributed tracing in a seamless manner
- Observability Maturity Model and the measurement of practical Observability
- Implementing full stack Observability and distributed tracing will enable a DevSecOps culture
- Curating Observability using AI to move from reactive to proactive and predictive incident management. Also, how you use DataOps to build a clean data lineage of observable data.
- Implementing Network, Container level Observability and why is security a ﬁrst class citizen in building the Observability culture
- What is Time based Topology, and how does it add value in Observability for a distributed environment
- The Data paradox, and how we address data issues using a systematic approach (DataOps) to build a clean Observability pipeline
- How do we feedforward DevSecOps wisdom into Observability
- Observability practices for DevSecOps and SRE
Delivery: For 20 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
- Anyone focused on large-scale service scalability and reliability
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 18 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's Observability Foundation Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities - including the State of DevOps Report
- Twenty (20) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Prerequisites: SRE Foundation, an understanding and knowledge of common SRE terminology, concepts, principles and related work experience are recommended.
Exam & Certification: As an Elite Education Provider of the DevOps Institute, ITSM Academy has served as Lead Author on five (5) of courses in their portfolio, including their flagship offering - DevOps Foundation.
The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute and the exam voucher will be issued during class.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Observability Foundation certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media. To purchase an exam only, please visit https://www.itsmacademy.com/exam-voucher.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.