In this 8-hour, interactive, practical class, we introduces Experience, what it is, and why it matters. We use interactive exercises to nail down the concept of Experience Level Agreements (XLAs), setting learners on a solid path to leveraging them in conjunction with ITIL, SLAs, and KPIs to improve service delivery and performance outcomes.
Engage with skilled and expert instructors to learn the unvarnished truth of the Art & Science of Experience and how XLAs are changing the way we design and manage technology.
In Class Experience: Learners will acquire a practical understanding of the anatomy of an Experience Level Agreement (XLA) and how it relates to the flow of work in an organization. In class:
- Compare and contrast XLA with the more traditional KPI/SLA approach, and show how they work together
- Introduce the Art & Science of Experience, the Experience Optimization Framework™
- Show how XLAs accurately measure moments over time and anticipating experience - prior to an incident
- Walk through real-life examples along with case studies and group exercises to take learning from thinking to action
Delivery: For 8 hours, learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises and real-world examples.
- Why is Experience important?
- The Arts and Science of Experience
- How to measure Experience
- Experience Management Framework™
- XLA Stack™
- Building Experience Ambitions (Practical Exercise)
- Experience and ITSM
- What are Experience Level Agreements (XLAs)
- XLAs v SLAs
- XLA Versions
- XLA Structure
- Building an XLA (Practical Exercise)
- An introduction to the Experience Optimization Framework Journey™
Who will be your fellow participants?: This class is for all professionals and organizations struggling to improve their customer and employee experience. Many here had heard of XLAs, but just as many found this training while searching to improve on their traditional Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Reference Cards
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids, review games and sample exams
- Instructor-led education and exercise facilitation
- Participation in unique in-class assignments
- In-class exam preparation
- Open book exam
The class is designed to prepare attendees to work in the world of XLAs; to understand how they are determined, designed, implemented and managed.
Prerequisites: An understanding of ITSM principles and practices is beneficial.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have years of hands-on IT Practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge. Workshop leaders are fiercely independent thinkers, who have a track record of using XLAs to achieve positive change in large organizations.
Course Logistics - All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can be:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Sourced through our Courseware Licensing Program (for qualifying organizations)
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can be presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below