SRE is a Service Management Framework
Posted by on
Presenter: Jayne Groll, CEO of DevOps Institute
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is rising quickly as the most innovative approach to IT Service Management (ITSM) since the early days of ITIL. This session provides a high level overview of how SRE teams manage traditional ITSM processes such as Service Level, Change, Incident, Capacity and Event Management. The presentation will also look at core SRE principles and the role of the Site Reliability Engineer.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- The history and definition of Site Reliability Engineering
- SRE Guiding Principles
- The importance of meeting Service Level Objectives
- SRE guidance for ITSM processes
- Why toil reduction and an engineering approach is important
- About the role of the Site Reliability Engineer
- Details of the SRE Foundation certification
Motivated by the ideas presented? Print a
Personal Action Plan to capture them.