Value Stream Mapping Facilitator. Do you want to learn how to facilitate Value Stream Mapping across your organization?
Value stream mapping is emerging as a critical capability for organizations striving to breakdown silos, minimize waste, shorten lead and cycle times and improve flow across the IT value chain. A value stream is the sequence of activities required to design, produce and deliver a specific product or service.
Whenever there is customer demand there is a value stream. The challenge lies in seeing it.
During a value stream mapping session, the facilitator leads and coaches a cross-functional team of stakeholders through the value stream mapping methodology and in the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques. A well-executed value stream mapping workshop can be a game changer for organizations - and the facilitator role is key.
Do you want to learn how to facilitate Value Stream Mapping across your organization?
This sixteen (16) hour course focuses on the role of value stream mapping facilitator. The course provides a brief introduction to basic Lean concepts and then takes a deep dive into value stream mapping.
The course describes a step-by-step approach to preparing for and facilitating a value stream mapping workshop; along with how to overcome common challenges and produce meaningful / actionable deliverables.
Class also includes experiential exercises and access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal.
During this class, learners acquire a practical understanding of:
- Basic Lean concepts
- Basic value stream concepts
- The elements and parts of a value stream map
- The value stream mapping process
- Value stream mapping roles
- Planning a value stream mapping workshop
- Data collection and analysis
- Facilitating a workshop
- Producing workshop deliverables
- Taking action to achieve the desired future state
Come prepared to roll up your sleeves and participate in this highly-experiential workshop.
Delivery: For 16 hours, learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises and real-world examples.
Audience: This training is designed to prepare attendees to facilitate value stream mapping workshops, whether internally or for their customers.
This class is for all professionals and organizations involved in improving the delivery of value to customers including:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to facilitate a value stream mapping workshop
- Value stream owners, managers and champions
- Quality and process improvement professionals
- Individuals who want to better understand how to use value stream mapping in conjunction with a continuous improvement effort
- Line managers, team leaders and supervisors who want to improve cross-functional collaboration
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion. Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple IT service management (ITSM), DevOps and Agile industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's VeriSM Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal – my.itsmacademy.com – extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.
About Mike Orzen
Mike Orzen is the award-winning best-selling co-author of Lean IT: Enabling and Sustaining Your Lean Enterprise, the book that so many consider “The Bible” of applying Lean to information and technology. Mike delivers a unique blend of Lean, Six Sigma, IT and Operations. He has been consulting and coaching for over 20 years. Mike’s experience includes systems design, enterprise-wide project management and large-scale rollout of Lean initiatives in global companies as guide and coach.