Services are the main way that organizations create value for themselves and their customers. Almost all services today are IT-enabled, which means there is tremendous benefit for organizations in creating, expanding and improving their IT service management (ITSM) capability.
ITIL provides organizations with a comprehensive framework for ITSM. ITIL 4 brings ITIL up to date by re-shaping much of the established ITSM practices in the wider context of customer experience, value streams, and digital transformation, as well as embracing new ways of working, such as Lean, Agile, and DevOps.
This 16-hour course introduces learners to the management of modern IT-enabled services, provides them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and shows them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance.
Already have your ITIL 3 Foundation? Chat in a copy of your cert (using the chat feature below) for your discount code for 30% off.
Audience - ITIL Foundation training is essential for anyone involved in the internal or external delivery of IT services:
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Individuals working in other parts of IT (digital, product, development) with a strong interface to service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
Course Objectives - The learning objectives of ITIL 4 Foundation include an understanding of:
- Key concepts of service management
- How value creation is enabled through services
- The ITIL service value system
- The ITIL service value chain
- The four dimensions of service management
- ITIL practices
- The ITIL guiding principles
ITSM Academy's ITIL 4 Foundation class includes experiential assignments, GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience® and access to ITSM Academy’s Learner Portal.
Also included are memory exercises and study aids, designed to reinforce key vocabulary and concepts and familiarize learners with the exam question style. They include: fill in the blank, matching, and exam prep questions, along with a '"just-for-fun" crossword puzzle. Some are completed as interactive in-class exercises and some are utilized as homework.
Developed in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, our course covers all the material specified in the ITIL 4 Foundation Exam Specification and prepares attendees to successfully achieve their ITIL 4 Foundation certification.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample documents and templates
- The ITIL Lifecycle Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique in-class assignments
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher (The exam can be purchased along with course seat or at a later date closer to your preferred exam date - use the field above Include ITIL 4 Foundation Exam?)
- One-year subscription to AXELOS ITIL Membership (a $60 value) - equips learners with a wide range of content, templates, toolkits, online resources and best practice guidance that enable learners to succeed
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about modernizing your organization's approach to IT Service Management.
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
- Familiarity with IT and IT services is recommended.
Certification: Learners earn their ITIL 4 Foundation certificate in IT Service Management by achieving a passing score (65%) on a 60 minute, 40 question examination.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors are all ITIL Experts and have years of hands-on IT practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real-world stories and scenarios. Utilizing the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation. Alumni complete class prepared to pass the exam, but more importantly, with a wealth of practical knowledge.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions. *** This is ITIL 4 Foundation - See our ITIL 3 Foundation offerings. Read more about ITIL 4 here. Already have your ITIL 3 Foundation? Chat in a copy of your cert (using the chat feature below) for your discount code for 30% off. ***
Take² is an add-on service exclusively offered for selected exams and becomes available only when the initial exam linked to it has a “fail” result. Take² is not transferable, non-refundable, and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, even if it isn’t eventually used. Candidates must schedule and take the re-sit exam within 6 months from the date of their initial exam. Take² is exam-specific; it cannot be used for any other offering and is valid only for the exam originally purchased. Failing to show up for a Take² exam appointment or not rescheduling the appointment prior to their scheduled appointment forfeits candidates’ ability to use the Take² generated voucher.It can only be purchased up to 15 minutes before sitting an examination. Take² is not available for purchase after a failed exam.