2 Hours: This DevOps Key Concepts course provides an introduction to DevOps, the cultural phenomenon that is enabling organizations to develop, deploy and operate quality software faster to meet business needs. This course introduces attendees to the goals, objectives, benefits, achievements and practices in a DevOps environment. The course also addresses the relationship between DevOps and service management frameworks such as ITIL.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, the learner will have;
- Learned the business value of improving the flow between Dev and Ops
- Acquired a high-level understanding of DevOps including cultural, practical and automation aspects
- Discussed the benefits and results realized by organizations adopting DevOps
- Explored the relationship between DevOps, Agile, Lean and service management
- Gained insight into preliminary steps for building a DevOps environment
- Two (2) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- DevOps Reference Card
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Participation in our in-class GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Audience: The main target candidates for this course are:
- Software developers, engineers, managers, consultants or anyone involved in application development
- IT Operations teams, management, professionals and consultants
- Managed service providers
- Service Management process owners, process managers and consultants
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile environment
- Senior Managers who want to understand the benefits of adopting a DevOps culture
- Business stakeholders interested in learning about DevOps
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units: Individuals attending this class will earn 2 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have years of hands-on IT Practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge. Instructors for this course are ITIL Experts and Certified Process Design Engineers, hold multiple DevOps and Agile Service Management Certifications and have completed ITSM Academy's Train-the-Trainer program.
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
DevOps Overview® is a mark of ITSM Academy, Inc. Agile Service Management® is a mark of ITSM Academy, Inc.
Great class, great instructor