LIMITED TIME: Get 20% off Certified Agile Service Manager® when you purchase a seat in Certified Agile Process Owner®!
Learn how to use Agile with ITSM (ITIL) to make your processes more robust and... well Agile and Lean (better, faster, safer). A Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO) is the operational counterpart to a development Product Owner. Working together, Process Owners and Product Owners can instill agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
This sixteen (16) hour course describes process owner responsibilities and provides the education needed to oversee the design, reengineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; particularly in the context of Agile Service Management. Participants learn how to use Agile and Lean principles and practices to put in place ‘just enough’ process and how to continually align process performance with overall business goals.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for this course include an understanding of:
- Basic Agile and Agile Service Management concepts
- Process owner role and responsibilities
- Managing and prioritizing a process backlog
- Creating and utilizing user stories
- Collaborating with process stakeholders and other process owners
- Overseeing Agile process design and improvement activities
- Managing organizational change activities
- Monitoring and measuring process performance
- Conducting process reviews and identifying improvements
Knowledge acquired Includes:
Process owner responsibilities
Education needed to oversee the design, re-engineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; particularly in the context of Agile Service Management
Participants learn how to use Agile and Lean principles and practices to put in place ‘just enough’ process and how to continually align process performance with overall business goals
Delivery Methods: For 16 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
Audience: A process owner is the individual accountable for the performance of a process and for ensuring the process delivers value to its stakeholders. Process owners manage the requirements of process stakeholders, translate those requirements into process performance objectives, and oversee the entire process design and improvement lifecycle.
- Process owners
- Process managers
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving processes
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Anyone responsible for:
- Managing process-related requirements
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Maximizing the value of processes
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy Training, our instructors have years of hands-on IT practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's Certified Agile Process Owner Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Agile Service Management Guide (pre-class resource)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- Familiarity with IT and IT services
- Review The Scrum Guide™ (provided via Learner Portal)
- Review The Agile Service Management Guide (provided via Learner Portal)
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO)® Certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
About The DevOps Institute: This course is accredited by the DevOps Institute (DOI), a global leader in emerging DevOps and Agile Service Management practices. DOI is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market while setting the standard in quality for enterprise grade DevOps education and training.
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.
Agile Service Management® is a mark of ITSM Academy, Inc.