This 18-hour course is focused on helping practitioners increase stakeholder satisfaction via the best service offerings; something that is essential to business success in today’s highly competitive landscape.
All service providers, including internal IT departments, are in the business of customer and user experience. How services are delivered is as important as what is delivered. To that end, some of the core concepts of ITIL 4 is that value is co-created and the importance of customers having an attractive and coherent experience.
In order to focus on the outcomes and on the customer/user experience, service providers are seeking to master the art of mapping their customer journey. Doing so allows them to maximize stakeholder value through co-creation of value throughout the entire value chain. Therefore, this ITIL 4 module is around the customer journey – from both parties engaging, agreeing to work together and interacting to co-create value.
At the end of the course, attendees will have developed capabilities in:
1. Ensuring high satisfaction levels
ITIL had previously considered satisfaction via service level agreements - focused on outputs - utility and warranty. ITIL 4 introduces the "flip" from outputs to outcome when consuming a service.
2. Using human-centred design when designing services
The module gives practical guidance about, for example, design thinking to achieve better usability and experience by understanding how the customer feels when using a service.
3. Customer experience (CX) and user experience (UX) design to optimize customer experience
These ideas add to the concepts of utility and warranty (achieving quality outcomes) but speak the language of experience based agreements.
4. Communication – influencing stakeholders, encouraging collaboration and transparency
To drive stakeholder value, good communication is a prerequisite of trust: listening and understanding what each party needs and wants. By understanding the dynamics in a service relationship, the practitioner will be better placed to provide services, drive and co-create value.
Prerequisites: ITIL 4 Foundation
Course Objectives: This course covers all types of engagement and interaction between a service provider and its customers, users, suppliers and partners.
Attendees acquire an understanding of:
- The conversion of demand into value via IT enabled services
- Key topics such as SLA design, multi-supplier management, communication, relationship management, CX and UX design and customer journey mapping
- Tools to increase stakeholder satisfaction which is integral to business success in the current competitive landscape
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample documents and templates
- Reference Cards
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique in-class assignments
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Certification: Learners earn their ITIL Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion. Instructors for this course are ITIL Experts, Managing Professionals, and hold multiple ITIL, Agile, DevOps and ITSM industry certifications. They have successfully completed ITSM Academy's Managing Professional Train-the-Trainer Program. Alumni complete class prepared to pass the exam, but more importantly, with a wealth of practical knowledge.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 18 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can be presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.