Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 10% off
- Buy 6 or above and get 15% off
The phrase ‘adopt and adapt’ is often linked to the ITIL framework but what does it mean? Adopting ITIL involves committing to a service-oriented, customer-focused culture. Adapting ITIL involves striving to understand its practices, why they are recommended, and then applying critical thought to continuously adapting those practices to your organization’s circumstances, needs and goals.
The ITIL Foundation course enables IT professionals to learn the basics of IT Service Management (the what) and the business value of well-designed and delivered services (the why). Leveraging candidates’ existing ITIL knowledge, and based on a new publication – ITIL® Practitioner Guidance – the ITIL Practitioner course goes beyond the what and the why and provides practitioners a methodical way (the how) to use the ITIL guidance to improve whether by introducing new or by changing existing services or processes.
Throughout this sixteen (16) hour case study-based course participants learn about and then apply nine guiding principles to the planning and implementation of service improvements. Participants also gain a practical understanding of how three critical competencies contribute to improvement initiatives.
Course / Student Materials:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher for open book examination
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Read ITIL Practitioner Guidance (strongly recommended and is NOT included in the course fee)
Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the open-book 1 hour and 45 minute exam consisting of 40 scenario-based, multiple-choice questions leads to the ITIL Practitioner Certificate. The ITIL Practitioner Guidance can be used to take the exam.
- The book can be annotated, i.e. candidates can highlight and they can also add tabs (tabulate it) to make reference to a specific section and easily move within the book.
- These tabulation markers, however, shall not include any written notes, whereas the book shall be free of sticky notes (post-its) or loose leaf papers.
- The book is NOT included in the course fee, the exam is. The book is available for purchase from our ITSM Bookstore.
ITIL Expert: Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert Certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Learning Objectives for this course include being able to:
- Use IT Service Management concepts that are important drivers of continual service improvement
- Apply the nine guiding principles of IT Service Management to the planning and implementation of service improvements
- Use the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Approach and its associated tools and techniques to manage improvements
- Apply knowledge of three critical competencies when planning and implementing improvements
- Metrics and measurement
- Organizational change management
- Individuals and teams seeking practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework in support of business objectives
- Individuals and teams who want to better understand how to use the CSI approach to structure any improvement initiatives
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors are all ITIL Experts and have years of hands-on IT practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real-world stories and scenarios. Utilizing the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation. Alumni complete class prepared to pass the exam, but more importantly, with a wealth of practical knowledge.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.