Mastering the XLA Framework
**DELIVERED BY OUR PARTNERS, CitrusCollab****
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people always remember how you made them feel.
Experience Level Agreements (XLAs) are the foundation of a fresh and optimistic approach to managing the business of technology. Creating the actual XLAs for an experience ambition can be a challenging endeavor. This is especially true for those beginning their journey of embracing, enabling and enhancing customer and employee experience of their products and services.
The three-day course takes learners through the XLA Framework methodology, one proven way to: understand a current experience landscape, define the experience ambitions and then develop a set of XLAs that can be implemented in an operational environment. The course takes learners through an interactive case study and exercises to demonstrate the method and processes used.
This course enables learners to understand many of the practical realities of creating appropriate XLAs for a given situation. Engage with skilled and expert instructors to learn the unvarnished truth of the Science of Experience and how XLAs are changing the way we design and manage technology for better and forever.
In Class Experience: Learners acquire a practical understanding of XLA development, including real life challenges they may face in implementing those XLAs.
- Fundamentals of experience concepts are recapped then the XLA Framework overview is introduced.
- Using a case study, learners are taken through the steps to understand what current experience data is needed, how to get it, where to get it and how to analyze it.
- From there, the experience ambitions and target XLAs are designed so that the current experience discoveries and the experience ambitions can be merged.
- Then learners are taken through the steps for how XLAs can be created in detail enough to be integrated into a formal contract if needed.
- The use of automated experience tools is introduced and the impact of tool use on a set of XLAs is demonstrated and discussed.
- The potential positive impact on a set of an existing case study Service Level Agreement (SLA) and its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that can be aligned with the XLAs created is discussed.
- Finally, the operational, organizational and governance challenges one may face when implementing XLAs for a product or service are introduced for further consideration.
Throughout class, we use a case study drawn from an actual business scenario where the organization required a set of XLAs to be developed. All steps of the XLA Framework method are then demonstrated as examples and exercises drawn from the case study.
Delivery: Over three days, learners are immersed in building XLAs, in a practical manner using exercises and real-world examples.
Who will be your fellow participants?: This class is for all professionals and organizations that are ready to move past concepts and make experience a practical reality.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample documents and templates
- The Art & Science of Experience Glossary
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- Participation in unique in-class assignments
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Certification: Learners earn their XLA Framework Master certificate by achieving a passing score on a 60 minute, 40 question examination.
Prerequisites: Essence of Experience course, leading to the XLA Champion certification
Instructors: Our instructors have years of hands-on IT Practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge. Workshop leaders are fiercely independent thinkers, who have a track record of using XLAs to achieve positive change in large organizations.
This course is proudly delivered in partnership with CitrusCollab.