8 or 16 Hours: Everything around and about the service desk is changing including, and perhaps most dramatically, its customers. Today’s technology users are technically savvy and self-reliant. They expect technology that works and easy access to a wide range of support services. They expect options! Businesses expect the service desk to offer these options in the most innovative, cost-effective ways possible.
Help desk/service desk and support center staff must possess the ability to meet those expectations by diagnosing incidents and problems and delivering solutions that enable customers to keep working and also by establishing a personal connection and by projecting a positive, professional image. It's understandable that support professionals can become so caught up in the technology and internal processes required to deliver IT support services that the key element - service - becomes lost.
This eight (8) or sixteen (16) hour workshop assists support professionals in developing, improving, or perhaps merely revitalizing, the skills needed to deliver excellent customer service that supports business goals.
Learners will be equipped with the essential customer service and support skills needed to enhance productivity and increase customer satisfaction. Attendees will learn important new skills for delivering the support services needed for the service desk to be viewed as an invaluable strategic resource.
This course was developed by one of ITSM Academy lead instructors, Donna Knapp. Thousands of IT professionals have attended and benefitted from Donna's Workshops. She is the author of A Guide to Service Desk Concepts (the first college textbook developed specifically for Service Desk Analysts) and A Guide to Customer Service Skills for Service Desk Professionals.
At the end of this course, learners will be equipped to:
- Understand and exceed customer expectations
- Improve communication and listening skills
- Effectively use multiple delivery channels (voice, email, chat, the web) to deliver support
- Solve problems efficiently and methodically
- Handle difficult customer situations and minimize stress
Come ready to participate in lively discussions.
Every learner receives:
- Sixteen (16) hours Instructor-led training - including several practical group exercises and scenario-based assignments
- Or, eight (8) hours Instructor-led training (with fewer exercises and assignments)
- Master Toolkit including;
- Action Plan Outline
- Calming The Irate Customer Checklist
- Positive Phrase List (including a list of phrases to avoid)
- Email / Chat Do’s and don’ts Checklist
- Self-Assessment Exercises
- Service Excellence Desk Reminder Card
- Stress Management Tip Sheet
- Detailed Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have years of hands-on IT Practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge. Instructors for this course are ITIL Experts and Certified Process Design Engineers.
Contact us for corporate, onsite delivery of this course.