16 hour certification course, no pre-requisite required.
Service Management for the Digital Age
VeriSM™ is a service management approach for the digital age that helps service providers create a flexible operating model to meet desired business outcomes. The VeriSM approach describes how to achieve:
Based around the VeriSM model, VeriSM shows organizations how emerging technologies and progressive management practices can be applied in a flexible way to deliver the right product or service at the right time to their consumers.
This sixteen (16) hour course describes essential service management concepts and introduces the VeriSM model which emphasizes focusing on value, outcomes and organizational goals. The course introduces VeriSM’s unique management mesh, which represents guidance for choosing the appropriate management practices to establish a product or service.
VeriSM allows for a tailored approach depending upon the type of business you are in, the size of your organization, your business priorities, your organizational culture – and even the nature of the individual project or service you are working on. Rather than focusing on one prescriptive way of working, VeriSM helps organizations to respond to their consumers and deliver value with integrated service management practices.
VeriSM Foundation is designed to provide service management professionals the up-to-date knowledge and tools needed to excel in all customer service environments. During this class, learners acquire a practical understanding of:
- The Service Organization
- Service Culture
- People and Organizational Structure
- The VeriSM™ Model
- Progressive Practices
- Innovative Technologies
- Getting Started
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: For 16 hours, learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
Audience: This training and certification is designed for both IT and non-IT professionals who are working in the service management arena; particularly those who are, or are going to be, involved in digital transformation.
This class is for all professionals and organizations involved in delivering value to customers through the development, delivery, operation and/or promotion of services including:
- Graduates/undergraduates – who needs to understand a service culture
- Managers – who want to understand how to leverage evolving management practices
- Service owners, service managers, process owners, process managers – who need to bring their skills up to date and understand how service management has changed
- Executives – who are accountable for effective service delivery;
- IT professionals – who need to understand the impact of evolving management practices and new technologies on their role
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple IT service management (ITSM), DevOps and Agile industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's VeriSM Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal – my.itsmacademy.com – extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Prerequisites: Complete pre-class assignment
Exam & Certification: Class culminates with an independent exam, administered by EXIN. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the VeriSM™ Foundation Certificate.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.
VeriSM™ is a registered trademark of IFDC.