** February 7-10 class is open for registration and Guaranteed to Run. **
This 18-hour certification course provides IT practitioners the essential knowledge required to understand the IT service management system (SMS) and how its core activities support the management of the service lifecycle, including the planning, design, transition, delivery, and improvement of IT services. Based on international Service Management standards, this course introduces the minimum critical activities of core service management capabilities such as Incident, Problem, Change Management, etc. No matter the ITSM operating model - ISO/IEC 20000-2018, ITIL, COBIT, etc. this course provides relevant and practical guidance.
- The role of services and service management
- The impact of digital transformation on service management
- The components of a service management system (SMS)
- How to determine the scope of the SMS
- Leadership's role and commitment to the SMS
- How to plan for and support the SMS
- Execution of the SMS, with a particular focus on:
- incident management
- change management
- service request management
- problem management
- configuration management
- service level management
- service catalog management
- release and deployment management
- asset management
- business relationship management
This certification course provides IT professionals with basic, real-life, and very practical guidance on how to understand IT service management as a quality system, as well as its components. This includes the essential knowledge and actionable solutions necessary to effectively manage your organization’s core ITSM processes, so you will be able to ensure your IT services are provisioned and supported to high standards of effectiveness, availability, and reliability – producing meaningful and expected results.
ITSM Academy's ITSM Essentials class includes experiential assignments, GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience® and access to ITSM Academy’s Learner Portal.
Also included are memory exercises and study aids, designed to reinforce key vocabulary and concepts and familiarize learners with the exam question style. They include: fill in the blank, matching, and exam prep questions, along with a '"just-for-fun" crossword puzzle. Some are completed as interactive in-class exercises and some are utilized as homework.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample documents and templates
- The ITSM Essentials Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique in-class assignments
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about modernizing your organization's approach to IT Service Management.
Audience - ITSM Essentials training is for anyone involved in the internal or external delivery of IT services:
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Learners who will benefit from learning the essentials of ITSM with a particular focus on the processes in SMS, such as; change, release, deployment, incident, problem and service request management
- Organizations interested in adopting internationally recognized and standardized best practices for ITSM - regardless of the operating model/framework being used (COBIT, ISO, ITIL, etc.)
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
- Familiarity with IT and IT services is recommended
Certification: This course prepares candidates for the ITSM Essentials certification, issued by Professional Designations. Learners earn their ITSM Essentials certificate in IT Service Management by achieving a passing score (65%) on a 60 minute, 40 question examination.
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 16 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors are all Service Management Experts and have years of hands-on IT practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real-world stories and scenarios. Utilizing the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation. Alumni complete class prepared to pass the exam, but more importantly, with a wealth of practical knowledge.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.