Please note: ITIL v3 Service Transition is retiring, see the current ITIL 4 Scheme and class options
The difference between a successful and failed IT service often lies in the quality of its transition from the development to the production environment. Based on the Service Transition publication of the ITIL core library, this Lifecycle course looks at the whole Service Transition stage at a management level. By leveraging Change, Release, Configuration and Knowledge Management, Service Transition confirms that new or changed services are built, tested, accepted and deployed successfully into the live environment.
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, this course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral", real-world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- Service Transition principles, purpose, objectives and value
- Service Transition processes: Change, Service Asset and Configuration, Release and Deployment and Knowledge Management, along with Transition Planning and Support, Change Evaluation and Service Validation and Testing
- Organizing and managing people through service transitions
- Service transition planning
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience in the Service Transition processes. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience in achieving improvements in Change and Configuration Management. Discuss with our instructors the best practices in pre-and-post service evaluation. Our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
Audience: Anyone involved in managing Service Transition activities including:
- CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of transition activities within the Service Lifecycle
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Transition stage and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Change Managers
- Configuration Managers
- Release Managers
- Systems Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Expert certification
ITIL Expert: Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals will earn 22 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, Service Transition certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's Service Transition Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Prerequisites: The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management.
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions, leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition certificate.
Service Transition is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 21 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 10 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night of class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal.
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books.
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In: