4 Hours: This course provides an overview of the Service Transition stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle with a particular emphasis on Change Management. Learners will also understand the relationship of Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management and Knowledge Management to Change Management and Service Transition as a whole.
Learners are given practical examples and the experience of assessing the impact of a proposed Request for Change.
Learning Objectives - Learners will understand:
- The goals and objectives of Service Transition
- Important Service Transition terms
- The goals, objectives, key concepts and activities of Change Management
- The goals, objectives and key concepts of Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management and Knowledge Management
Additionally, each learner will take away:
- Understand services and service management key concepts
- Understand the Service Transition lifecycle stage
- Explore Service Transition processes
- Learn Change Management best practices
- Hear and share real-life examples
This course culminates in a Mock CAB, where learners assess a proposed request for change.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units:
ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have years of hands-on IT Practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge. Instructors for this course are ITIL Experts and Certified Process Design Engineers.
Contact us for corporate, onsite delivery of this course.