Service Strategy is the axis upon which the other stages of the ITIL service lifecycle are based. It is this stage that sets and manages the overall strategy for IT, based upon the organization's overall business strategy. Based on the Service Strategy publication of the ITIL core library, this course focuses on designing, developing and implementing service management as both an organizational capability and a strategic asset. This course focuses on principles such as:
- Value creation
- Service assets
- Service provider types
- Service structures
- Service economics
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, this course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral", real-world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- Service Strategy principles, purpose, objectives and value
- Defining services and market spaces
- Conducting strategic assessments
- Service Strategy processes: Strategy, Service Portfolio, Financial, Demand and Business Relationship Management
- Driving strategy through the service lifecycle
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Topics for discussion include:
- Value creation
- Service Assets
- Service Provider Types
- Service Structures
- Serivce Economics
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience in the Service Strategy processes. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience in performing strategic planning and demand management. Our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
Audience: Anyone involved in setting IT's strategic direction including:
- CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of strategizing activities within the Service Lifecycle
- Business and IT consultants involved in the high level implementation of Service Management processes
- IT Senior Management
- Business Stakeholders
- SMO members
- Any service provider
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Expert certification
ITIL Expert: Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals will earn 22 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, Service Strategy certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's Service Strategy Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Prerequisites: The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management.
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions, leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy certificate.
Service Strategy is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 21 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 10 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night of class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal.
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books.
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In: