Please note: ITIL v3 Continual Service Improvement is retiring, see the current ITIL 4 Scheme and class options
To continually enhance and improve process efficiency and effectiveness, Service Management frameworks emphasize the need for measurable, on-going improvement at every stage of the IT Service Lifecycle. Based on the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) publication of the ITIL core library, this course focuses on the strategies, concepts and techniques for creating and managing a formal metrics-driven CSI program, to help ensure ongoing business alignment and service value.
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, the course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral", real-world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- CSI principles, purpose, objectives, processes and value
- CSI methods and techniques
- Continual Improvement approach
- 7-step Improvement Process
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Course also covers:
- Using frameworks, models, standards and quality systems for CSI
- Identifying and overcoming challenges
- Integrating the Seven-step Improvement Process and the Service Lifecycle
- Determining assessment scope and type
- Transforming your organization
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience with Continual Service Improvement programs. Our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
Audience: Anyone involved in the ongoing management of IT services including
- Every process owner, process manager, and SMO leader
- CIO, CTO and other Senior IT management
- All Service Management process managers and process owners
- Data analysts
- Business Analysts
- ITSM Architects
- Internal auditors
- Any individuals requiring a detailed understanding of continual service improvement metrics, models and techniques
- Business and IT consultants involved in the high level implementation of Service Management processes
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert certification.
ITIL Expert: Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals will earn 22 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, CSI certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's CSI Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher (The exam can be purchased along with course seat or at a later date closer to your preferred exam date)
Prerequisites: The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management (Retired as of July 1 2021).
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Continual Service Improvement certificate. The exam can be purchased along with course seat or at a later date closer to your preferred exam date.
CSI is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 21 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 10 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night of class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books, particularly the Continual Service Improvement publication
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.