This product you are viewing is for access to robust, independent study materials. We recommend a minimum of 6 study hours when preparing for the exam. This is self-guided learning, our materials allow you to master the subject matter at you own pace. Once the Learner Portal key has been redeemed, no credits or refunds can be issued. This course is also available for corporate training for you and your team.
The DevOps Leader course not only provides a strong foundation in DevOps, it also provides a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a cultural transformation requires new skills, innovative thinking and leadership. Leaders up-down-and-across the IT organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization. Read our What is DevOps Leader whitepaper here.
This course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives, such as the Spotify Squad Model, and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for cultural transformation through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment. (Click on the video tab to see us discuss the course in more detail)
Leadership is not just for the executives in the corner office, one of the most powerful things we can do in this lifetime is to grow our personal leadership skills. As John Maxwell says, leadership is influence. Influence is the power to change, or the power to affect someone or something.
A DevOps Leader is a tactical or strategic individual who helps design, influence, implement or motivate the cultural transformation proven to be a critical success factor in DevOps adoption. This individual understands the human dynamics of cultural change and is equipped with practices, methods and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum.
What makes this course unique is that it is specifically about leading DevOps transformation including new and innovative ways to organize and manage IT workflows and value streams.
Independent Study Access includes:
- 24x7, lifetime access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - with online content and tools
- Comprehensive Learner Manual (pdf, not videos) - see detailed agenda
- Additional industry related videos and resources
- Class Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Fun, interactive online games to reinforce your learning
- Exam voucher (if purchased with course, is issued upon request)
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevOps Leader (DOL) include a practical understanding of:
- DevOps and time to value
- Mindset and mental models
- Key differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Target operating models and organizational design
- Performance management, rewards and motivation
- Preparing investment cases
- Focusing on value outcomes
- Ideas for organizing workflows
- Empowerment and participation
- Defining meaningful metrics
- Value stream mapping
- Getting started
- Anyone interested or involved in cultural transformations and organizational change
- IT team leaders
- Directors and business stakeholders
- Practitioners and change agents
- Tool providers and systems integrators
- DevOps consultants
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 20 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
- DevOps Foundation is recommended
- An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
Exam & Certification:
The exam can be purchased bundled with this material or at a later date here.
The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute, the exam is optional. By not making the exam a requirement of the course, we are able to save you both time and money! If you choose to take the exam, a voucher will be issued upon request.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevSecOps Foundation certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
Once the Learner Portal key has been redeemed, no credits or refunds can be issued.