- Training by Topic
- DevSecOps Foundation (DSOF) - Independent study
This product you are viewing is for access to robust, independent study materials. We recommend a minimum of 6 study hours when preparing for the exam. This is self-guided learning, our materials allow you to master the subject matter at you own pace. Once the Learner Portal key has been redeemed, no credits or refunds can be issued. This course is also available for corporate training for you and your team.
Learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps including DevOps security strategies and business benefits.
As companies are pushing code faster and more often than ever, the rate of vulnerabilities in our systems is accelerating. As we are being asked to do more with less, DevOps has shown immense value to business and security as an integral component that needs to be integrated into the strategy.
- How DevSecOps provides the business value of DevOps and the ability DevOps has to enable the business and support an organizational transformation with the ultimate goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk, and optimizing cost in the organization
- How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences
- Understand using “security as code” with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service
- Practical steps on how to integrate security programs into DevOps practices and highlights how professionals can use data and security science as the primary means of protecting the organization and customer
Independent Study Access includes:
- 24x7, lifetime access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - with online content and tools
- Comprehensive Learner Manual (pdf, not videos) - see detailed agenda
- Additional industry related videos and resources
- Class Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Fun, interactive online games to reinforce your learning
- Exam voucher (if purchased with course, is issued upon request)
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevSecOps Foundation include a practical understanding of:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps
- How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches
- Business-driven security strategies
- Understanding and applying data and security sciences
- The use and benefits of Red and Blue Teams
- Integrating security into Continuous Delivery workflows
- How DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization
Audience: DevSecOps Foundation is for professionals including:
- Anyone involved or interested in learning about DevSecOps strategies and automation
- Anyone involved in Continuous Delivery toolchain architectures
- Compliance Team
- Delivery Staff
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers
- IT Security Professionals, Practitioners, and Managers
- Maintenance and support staff
- Managed Service Providers
- Project & Product Managers
- Quality Assurance Teams
- Release Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Software Engineers
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 16 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
- DevOps Foundation is recommended
- An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended
Exam & Certification:
The exam can be purchased bundled with this material or at a later date here.
The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute, the exam is optional. By not making the exam a requirement of the course, we are able to save you both time and money! If you choose to take the exam, a voucher will be issued upon request.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevSecOps Foundation certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
Once the Learner Portal key has been redeemed, no credits or refunds can be issued.