- Training by Topic
- Continuous Delivery Ecosystem Foundation (CDEF) - Independent Study
This product you are viewing is for access to robust, independent study materials. We recommend a minimum of 6 study hours when preparing for the exam. This is self-guided learning, our materials allow you to master the subject matter at you own pace. Once the Learner Portal key has been redeemed, no credits or refunds can be issued. This course is also available for corporate training for you and your team.
Learn how to architect and orchestrate effective and efficient automated deployment pipelines while delivering higher quality solutions, reducing risk and lowering costs to accelerate business value.
These course materials are designed for participants who are engaged in the design, implementation, and management of DevOps deployment pipelines and toolchains that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and potentially Continuous Deployment.
- Increase velocity - respond to market changes rapidly, thus being able to outmaneuver competition - reduce risk and lower costs. All while releasing higher quality solutions
- Increased productivity and employee morale by having more activities performed by pipelines instead of humans so teams can focus on vision while pipelines do the execution
- Increase competencies necessary in architecting and orchestrating effective and efficient automated deployment pipelines.Built upon the principles and practices highlighted in bestselling books by leaders in the DevOps movement, such as “Continuous Delivery,” “Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations,” and more
- Underpinning processes, metrics, APls and cultural considerations
Independent Study Access includes:
- 24x7, lifetime access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - with online content and tools
- Comprehensive Learner Manual (pdf, not videos) - see detailed agenda
- Practical artifacts, templates, and lexicons
- Additional industry related videos and resources
- Class Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Fun, interactive online games to reinforce your learning
- Exam voucher (if purchased with course, is issued upon request)
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevOps CD Ecosystem include a practical understanding of:
- Goals, history, terminology, and pipeline
- The importance, practices, and transformation of a DevOps collaborative culture
- Design practices, such as modular design and microservices
- Continuous Integration (Cl), such as version control, builds, and remediation
- Tenets and best practices of Continuous Testing (CT)
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment (CD): packaging, containers, and release
- Continuous Monitoring (CM): monitoring and analysis infrastructure, process, and apps
- Infrastructure and tools: frameworks, tools, and infrastructure as code
- Security Assurance: DevSecOps
Audience: CD Ecosystem is for anyone interested in learning about the principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, such as:
- Build Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- IT Managers
- Maintenance and Support Staff
- Operational and Infrastructure Teams
- Project Managers
- QA Managers
- Release Managers and Engineers
- Software Developers
- Security Professionals
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 16 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
- DevOps Foundation is recommended
- An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended
Exam & Certification:
The exam can be purchased bundled with this material or at a later date here.
The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute, the exam is optional. By not making the exam a requirement of the course, we are able to save you both time and money! If you choose to take the exam, a voucher will be issued upon request.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Continuous Delivery Ecosystem Foundation certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
Once the Learner Portal key has been redeemed, no credits or refunds can be issued.