- Training Options
- Training - Open Enrollment
- ITSM Essentials Certification Course
This 18-hour certification course provides IT practitioners the knowledge required to understand IT service management as an essential component of an IT management system, and to ensure IT services are provisioned and supported in a way that enables a positive experience for both an organization's customers and its employees. The best practices laid out in this course represent the common truths culled from over 20 different frameworks, standards and publications. This framework-agnostic content provides a practical view of the important activities your organization needs to consider to effectively manage its core ITSM processes.
Course Objectives - The learning objectives of ITSM Essentials include:
- Learn and understand key service management terms and concepts
- Learn about essential ITSM processes
- Hear and share real life scenarios
- Create a personal action plan, which can be started as soon as learners return to work
The core IT service management processes included in the curriculum are:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- IT Asset Management
- Configuration Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalog Management
- Business Relationship Management
This course provides a streamlined introduction to each of these processes and describes the integration of these processes from a practitioner’s point of view. Each process is covered to a consistent level of depth that includes:
- Purpose and objectives
- Key terms and concepts
- Inputs / activities / outputs
- Roles and responsibilities
- Key process integrations
- Critical success factors (CSFs) and key performance indicators (KPIs)
This consistency, when combined with meaningful, experiential assignments, reinforces learning and engagement, resulting in a positive learning experience. Like all ITSM Academy courses, this class includes our highly popular GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience® and access to ITSM Academy’s Learner Portal.
Also included are reference guides and study aids, designed to reinforce key vocabulary and concepts and familiarize learners with what they need to know for the exam. The study aids include fill in the blank, matching, and exam prep questions, and may be completed as interactive in-class exercises or utilized as homework.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- What is IT Service Management? (Pre-class reading)
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- The ITSM Essentials Reference Card
- Sample exams
- Personal Action Plan
- Value-add resources such as sample documents and templates
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation - many, many meaningful exercises!
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about your organization's approach to IT Service Management.
Audience - ITSM Essentials training is for anyone involved in the internal or external delivery of IT services:
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Learners who will benefit from learning the essentials of ITSM with a particular focus on the processes in SMS, such as; change, release, deployment, incident, problem and service request management
- Organizations interested in adopting internationally recognized and standardized best practices for ITSM - regardless of the operating model/framework being used (COBIT, ISO, ITIL®, etc.)
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
- Familiarity with IT and IT services is recommended
Certification: This course prepares candidates for the ITSM Essentials certification, issued by Professional Designations. Learners earn their ITSM Essentials certificate in IT Service Management by achieving a passing score (65%) on a 60 minute, 40 question examination.
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 18 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors are all service management experts and have years of hands-on IT practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real-world stories and scenarios. Utilizing the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation. Alumni complete class not only prepared to pass the exam, but more importantly, with a wealth of practical knowledge they can put to use as soon as the return to work.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can be presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.