This course is designed for participants who are engaged in the design, implementation, and management of DevOps deployment pipelines and toolchains that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and potentially Continuous Deployment. The course highlights underpinning processes, metrics, APls and cultural considerations with Continuous Delivery.
Key benefits of Continuous Delivery will be covered including increased velocity to assist organizations to respond to market changes rapidly, thus being able to outmaneuver competition, reduce risk and lower costs while releasing higher quality solutions. Increased productivity and employee morale by having more activities performed by pipelines instead of humans so teams can focus on vision while pipelines do the execution.
Built upon the principles and practices of the bestselling book "Continuous Delivery" by Jez Humble and David Farley, and the "Continuous Delivery Live Lessons" video course by Jez Humble, the Continuous Delivery Architect course equips IT professionals with the broad-based competencies necessary in architecting and orchestrating effective and efficient automated deployment pipelines.
Each learner will be provided digital access to the "Continuous Delivery" eBook and LiveLessons videos. The course materials will also include practical artifacts, templates, and lexicons collected by the author, Marc Hornbeek to assist learners post-class.
A continuous delivery architect is a tool-agnostic individual engaged in the design, implementation and management of DevOps deployment pipelines and tool chains that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and, potentially, Continuous Deployment. A continuous delivery architect is also involved in defining or integrating underpinning processes, metrics, APIs and cultural considerations.
This twenty-four (24) hour course culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Continuous Delivery Architecture (CDA)® Certificate.
This competency-based certification course is built upon the principles and practices of the best selling book "Continuous Delivery" by Jez Humble and David Farley and the "Continuous Delivery LiveLessons" video course by Jez Humble.
** Click on the Product Videos tab above to see videos relating to this course **
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevOps Continuous Delivery Architecture (CDA) include a practical understanding of:
- The principles of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Continuous Delivery vs. DevOps Continuous Integration practices
- Extending CI to CD
- Principles for architecting a deployment pipeline
- Engaging Ops in Continuous Delivery
- Testing and continuous delivery
- Security and continuous delivery
- Continuous deployment and automated release
- Cultural and people consideration
- Change resistance
- Metrics Critical Success Factors, Risks and Challenges
- Getting started
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: For 16 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
Audience: CDA is intended for development, quality assurance, security and operational professionals who are engaged in end-to-end DevOps software development from idea conception through live production operations.
- Anyone involved in or interested in learning about the principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Enterprise architects
- Software developers
- Build engineers
- Release managers and engineers
- Operational and infrastructure teams
- Security professionals
- Testers and QA managers
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Maintenance and support staff
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's CDA Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Access to the ebook "Continuous Delivery" by Jez Humble and David Farley and the "Continuous Delivery LiveLessons" video course by Jez Humble
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- DevOps Foundation certificate - Purchase both together and receive 10% off DevOps Foundation! Code at checkout = DOCFND10
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
- Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
Exam & Certification: Class culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Continuous Delivery Architecture (CDA)® certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
About The DevOps Institute: This course is accredited by the DevOps Institute (DOI), a global leader in emerging DevOps and Agile Service Management practices. DOI is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market while setting the standard in quality for enterprise grade DevOps education and training.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel! All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location -
Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.