Based on the Service Operation publication of the ITIL core library, this Lifecycle course holistically views Service Operation at a management level. It is this critical and highly visible stage that ensures the live environment continually meets (or exceeds) agreed service level requirements. For IT service consumers, Service Operations is where "the rubber meets the road" and the worth of an organization’s Service Management program is determined.
This course explores the high level goals, objectives, processes, common activities and technologies needed to deliver and support high quality services.
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, this course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral", real-world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- Service Operation principals, processes and common activities
- Organizing Service Operation functions
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience in the SO processes. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience in achieving service excellence. Our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
Audience: Anyone involved in managing Service Operation activities including:
- Service Desk Managers
- Incident and Problem Managers and process owners
- Data Center and Monitoring Managers
- Infrastructure Managers
- Network Managers and Systems Administrators
- Business and IT consultants involved in the high level implementation of Service Management processes
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert certification
ITIL Expert: Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals will earn 22 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy Training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, Service Operation certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's Service Operation Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Prerequisites: The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management.
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation certificate.
Service Operation is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 21 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 10 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night of class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books, particularly the ITIL Service Operation publication; books can be purchased from ITSM Bookstore
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.