Service Design brings the output of Service Strategy to life by designing new or changed services that satisfy business objectives and are secure, resilient and reliable. Based on the Service Design publication of the ITIL core library, this course focuses on the planning, implementing and optimizing the Service Design processes, plans, policies and standards that ultimately will be used to transition and operate services in the production environment.
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, this course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral", real-world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- Service Design principles, purpose, objectives and value
- Service Design processes: Design Coordination, along with Service Catalog, Service Level, Availability, Capacity, IT Service Continuity, Information Security and Supplier Management
- Technology, implementation and organizational considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Topics for discussion include:
- The Five Aspects of Service Design
- The Service Design Package
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience in the Service Design processes. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience in collecting and documenting service requirements from the business. Our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
Audience: Anyone involved in managing Service Design activities including:
- Service designers, developers and IT architects (internal or external)
- Project Managers
- Process managers for warranty processes
- Service Level Managers and process owners
- IT Security Managers and process owners
- Availability Managers and process owners
- Capacity Managers and process owners
- IT Continuity Managers and process owners
- ITSM Architects
- System Architects
- Systems Engineers
- Individuals responsible for the production and maintenance of the Service Catalog
- Business and IT consultants involved in the high level implementation of Service Management processes
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert certification
ITIL Expert: Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals will earn 22 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, Service Design certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's Service Design Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
Prerequisites: The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management.
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design certificate.
Service Design is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 21 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 10 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night of class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books, particularly the ITIL Service Design publication; books can be purchased from ITSM Bookstore
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.