Would you buy a product or service that did not include some type of warranty? If the manufacturer/reseller/service provider does not explicitly set the expectations, then you will form them for yourself. It is the same with the customers of your IT services. Either IT clearly sets the expectations, or end-users will develop them on their own. During the negotiation and acceptance of Service Level Agreements, IT commits that services will meet their customer's requirements for availability, capacity, continuity and security.
The ITIL Capability Course - Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) provides the best practice knowledge required to cost-effectively plan, deliver and manage the warranty processes to ensure that IT services are "fit for use".
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, this course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral", real-world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, learners will be able to identify the processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to Planning, Protection and Optimization including:
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM)
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- PPO roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation consideration
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience in the PPO processes. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience in performing Availability Management activities, like Component Failure Impact Analysis, etc. For 5 days, learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
- IT professionals, IT process owners, business managers and business process owners. Requiring deep role-based knowledge of, or are involved in, Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management and Risk Management
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert certification
ITIL Expert: Earn 4 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 38 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, PPO certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's PPO Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
- 2 to 4 years professional experience with service management
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization certificate.
PPO is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 12 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 6 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night while in class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books, particularly the ITIL Service Design book; books can be purchased from ITSM Bookstore
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.