Learn how to foster an effective business value-producing relationship between a service provider and its business partners. A special 50% discount on BRM Institute membership fee is available to all learners.
Business Relationship Management (BRM) embodies a set of competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors) to foster an effective business value producing relationship between a service provider and its business partners. The BRM role is a crucial link between a service provider and the business; acting as a connector, orchestrator and navigator between the service provider and one or more business units. The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) certification and supporting training provide a solid, foundation-level knowledge of BRM.
This course aims to provide candidates the ability to demonstrate their understanding of key principles, techniques, tools and processes central to the BRM role and discipline.
Class culminates with an independent certification exam. Successfully passing (50%) the the 40 minute exam consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions leads to the Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) Certificate
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for this course include an understanding of:
- The characteristics of the BRM role
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the service provider’s services
- The use of Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to maximize realized business value
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs to minimize value leakage
- The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs
- The principles of effective and persuasive communication
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: For Learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
- Aspiring to intermediate-level Business Relationship Managers
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- External service providers
- Representatives of shared services organizations
- Business partners
- Anyone interested in business value maximization
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 21 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course hold multiple Agile and ITSM industry certifications, are Business Relationship Management Professionals and have completed ITSM Academy's BRMP Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- BRM—The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- Pre-class reading (provided via Learner Portal)
- BRM—The Basics (required)
- The BRMP® Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge (recommended)
- Business Relationship Management Institute (BRM Institute) members can download a free copy of publication The BRMP Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge from the BRM Institute campus homepage
- Upon registration, ITSM Academy learners receive a 50% discount on the BRM Institute membership fee; details included in the confirmation letter you’ll receive after registering for the course.
Exam & Certification: Class culminates with an independent certification exam, administered by APMG International. Successfully passing (50%) the the 40 minute exam consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions leads to the Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) Certificate. The certification is governed, administered and maintained by the Business Relationship Management Institute.
About BRM Institute: The BRM Institute is the world’s premier membership, professional development, and official certification organization dedicated to serving the global Business Relationship Management (BRM) community..
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below