**JULY 31st CLASS IS GUARANTEED TO RUN!**
4 Hours: In Agile product development, a minimum viable product (MVP) has just those core features that allow the product to be deployed, and no more. Gathering insights from an MVP is typically less expensive than deploying a product with more features because it reduces both costs and risk.
How can IT Operations teams use the best practices utilized by Agile product teams and apply to IT Service Management? Simply put, by changing up the “P”. Instead of minimum viable product, we focus on minimum viable process. Let’s face it, bureaucratic and overly risk-averse IT service management (ITSM) processes can be a real constraint in the IT value stream; particularly in organizations that are adopting Agile and DevOps practices.
This 4-hour workshop describes how to ensure your ITSM processes provide ‘Just Enough’ control to meet business needs without impeding optimum flow. Make your process more agile, by applying #AgileITSM.
Course includes facilitated exercises that produce deliverables you can put to use immediately.
Read the ITSM Professor Blog about the class experience.
- Discuss common ITSM process pitfalls
- Describe why things need to change
- Understand how to achieve Minimum Viable ITSM
- Where we sometimes go astray
- Why things need to change
- Why ITSM processes need to be Agile
- Why now?
- Achieving Minimum Viable ITSM
- Characteristics of an Agile process
- How much is ‘Just Enough’?
- When to reengineer and when to ‘simply’ improve processes
- What to design in and what to design out of processes
- How to create and use a process improvement matrix
- How to improve the scalability of key ITSM processes
- Familiarity with IT service management
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps practices (recommended)
- Process owners and process managers
- Process Improvement Team members
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving processes
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Anyone responsible for:
- Managing process-related requirements
- Adapting and increasing the agility of processes
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Maximizing the value of processes
Course / Student Materials:
- 4 hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
PMI PDUs: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 4 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have years of hands-on IT Practitioner experience, enabling them to effectively intertwine theory and real life stories and scenarios. Using the highest quality content, this training style encourages active group participation, allowing all learners to bring from class a wealth of practical knowledge. Instructors for this course are ITIL Experts, DevOps, Agile ITSM and Certified Process Design Engineers.
All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or 954.491.3442 or use the chat below