|This product is available for pre-order only|
Expected release date is 4Q 2017
This sixteen (16) hour course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches, and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps; particularly in how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the end of this course, DSOE’s will understand using “security as code” with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service.
Course culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevSecOps Engineer (DSOE)® Certificate.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives include a practical understanding of:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps
- How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches
- Business-driven security strategies
- Understanding and applying data and security sciences
- The use and benefits of Red and Blue Teams
- Integrating security into Continuous Delivery workflows
- How DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: For 16 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
- Anyone interested in learning about DevSecOps practices
- IT Security Professionals, Practitioners and Managers
- Testers and Quality Assurance Teams
- Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Managed Service Providers
- Release Managers and delivery staff
- Maintenance and support staff
- Anyone involved in Continuous Delivery toolchain architectures
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy DSO Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- DevOps Foundation certificate
Complete pre-class reading assignment
- Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
Exam & Certification: Class culminates with an independent exam, administered by the DevOps Institute. Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevSecOps Engineer (DSOE)® certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
About The DevOps Institute: This course is accredited by the DevOps Institute (DOI), a global leader in emerging DevOps and Agile Service Management practices. DOI is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market while setting the standard in quality for enterprise grade DevOps education and training.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.